Designed by legendary naval architects Yran & Storbraaten, the team behind The Yachts of Seabourn, these new vessels offer state-of-the-art engineering, design and luxury. The Viking Longships provide guests with more ways to personalize their trip. Choose from a variety of stateroom classes, onboard entertainment options and ship locations from which you can enjoy sailing through the scenery, all the while enriching your time in some of Europe's most remarkable destinations
Two Explorer Suites feature spectacular 270 degree views with a private wraparound veranda. Veranda Suites feature two full rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom. Enjoy the indoor-outdoor Aquavit Terrace at the bow of the ship, or relax on the Sun Deck. These "green" ships, featuring energy-efficient hybrid engines, solar panels and an organic herb garden, were named to honor prominent members of the Norse pantheon. Each ship carries 190 guests in comfortable, understated elegance, with hotel-style beds and amenities like 26-inch flat-panel TVs and in-room refrigerators.
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship and grills for al fresco dining
- Observation lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Free shipwide wireless internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
To complement your onshore excursions, take part in immersive learning and enhancement activities both on board and ashore:
- Hands-on demonstrations in cuckoo clock-making, wooden shoe-carving or glassblowing
- Classes in cooking specialties like apple strudel and Alsatian flammkuchen
- Traditional performances of folk music and dance, or waltzes by Strauss
- Tastings of local cheeses, coffees, liqueurs and other delicacies
These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Learn about:
- Dutch Masters or French impressionists
- Castles along the Rhine Valley
- The formation of the European Union
- The life and works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Wine and cuisine of southern France
- Key words and phrases in the local language wherever you are traveling
These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
Al fresco dining aboard Viking Aegir
Imagine waking as the mist rolls off the river, stopping in the lounge for a frothy cappuccino, and heading out to the Aquavit Terrace to silently cruise through the early morning light. That is one definition of a Viking happy hour. Another one is in the more traditional sense: unwinding in the late afternoon with a pint of beer or glass of wine, chatting with friends and enjoying a delicious light bite. With the Aquavit Terrace equipped with grills and plentiful seating, each of these al fresco "happy hours" will be yours to indulge in.
Fine dining aboard Viking Aegir
Our chefs create a variety of tasty offerings for you, with freshly prepared seasonal local vegetables, European specialties adapted to satisfy the tastes of our passengers, and homemade soups prepared daily. For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course gourmet menu with regional specialties. You can also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary-it is all part of experiencing the local culture.