Named for the Maas River in The Netherlands, the ms Maasdam is the fifth ship in Holland America Line's more than 140-year history to bear the name. At 720-feet, the ms Maasdam is designed to carry fewer guests while providing more space for maximum comfort. Many staterooms feature commanding ocean views, and each suite has a private verandah.
Featuring an interior motif that pays homage to the historical Dutch East and West India companies of the 17th through 19th centuries, the centerpiece of this elegant ship features Luciano Vistosi's "Totem," a monumental sculpture using nearly 2,000 glimmering pieces of glass, prominently displayed in a soaring three-story atrium. Other intriguing art featured on the ms Maasdam are two abstract murals painted especially for the Rotterdam Dining Room and a collection of seven iron teapots and a charcoal brazier from Japan, which date from the end of Edo period.
Guests on the ms Maasdam will be able to "show and tell" their vacation memories through the Digital Workshop powered by Windows. Free workshops led by Microsoft-trained "techsperts" will show even the most novice camera or computer user how to take better vacation photos, make movies, edit pictures and create scrapbooks using a variety of Microsoft Windows and Windows Live services. Guests will learn how to share all their digital memories through email, blogging and social networking so friends and family can see where they've been cruising even before they return home.
Enjoy an unforgettable cruise vacation aboard the ms Maasdam as she travels the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Canada & New England and Europe.
Digital Workshop, powered by Windows: Guests will be able to "show and tell" their vacation memories, learning how to share all their digital memories through email, blogging and social networking - so friends and family can see where they've been cruising even before they return home. Free workshops taught by Microsoft-trained "techsperts" make it easy and fun, even for novices
Rotterdam Dining Room: features impeccable service and an extensive wine list. Five-course menus include continental cuisine, vegetarian and low-carb options.
Pinnacle Grill: This intimate venue offers an elegant, sophisticated dining experience. Featuring premium Double R Ranch Beef, inspired seafood dishes and many select wines rated "Excellent" by Wine Spectator - as well as distinctive Bvlgari china, Riedel stemware and Frette linens.
Canaletto Restaurant: Named for a famous 18th-century Venetian artist, Canaletto is your destination onboard for an intimate Italian dinner. The evening begins with the chef's selection of antipasti with a taste of the delicious fare and personal, polished service to follow.
Lido Restaurant: offers a relaxed ambiance for all three meals and features a variety of fresh, cooked-to-order specialties.
The Culinary Arts Center, presented by Food & Wine magazine: our state-of-the-art demonstration kitchen for gourmet presentations, tasting events and intimate cooking classes.
Mix: an innovative meeting place featuring three specialty venues: Champagne, for mid-day mimosas or anytime celebrations; Martinis, for Grey Goose cocktails and martini flights; and Spirits & Ales for microbrews, single malts and sports updates.
Explorations Cafe, powered by The New York Times: a comfortable, coffee house environment where you can browse through an extensive library, surf the Internet and check email or simply read the morning paper.
Greenhouse Spa & Salon: features heavenly beauty and wellness rituals. Enjoy a facial, hot stone massage, steam in a thermal suite and have your hair and nails done for a special evening.
Rembrandt Show Lounge: features talented vocalists, dancers, illusionists, comedians and variety acts.
Crow's Nest: offers sweeping 270 degree views during the day, and a hip, fashionable nightclub each evening.
Club HAL: our dedicated youth facilities and activities for kids ages 3 - 12; activities are supervised and age appropriate.
The Loft: designed exclusively for teens (13 - 17) to have fun, socialize and hang out with people their own age.
Each New Day, a Wealth of Cruise Activity and Indulgences
Every day aboard a Holland America cruise ship brings a wealth of cruise activities and indulgences, along with the freedom to partake in as many - or as few - as you please. It's an opportunity to try something new that surprises you, every day. Dabble, discover, daydream - do everything, or do nothing at all.
Whether you want to workout in the Fitness Center, learn yoga, pamper yourself with a massage and spa treatment, or listen to music and check your email in the Explorations Cafe, there's a perfect onboard activity for everyone.
In every cruise port, make your cruise vacation even more memorable with our extensive Shore Excursions program of activities. See, explore, discover: arts and cultural activities, athletic expeditions, city tours, shopping and more on our cruises.
On Holland America Line cruises, your every wish is our pleasure to fulfill
Always at the heart of the Holland America cruise experience is our warm and award-winning style of service that is never in the way and never out of reach. We sail with nearly one crew member for every two guests, providing the intuitive, gracious service that has long defined classic cruising. Our extensive onboard services, from special dining requests to full service laundry and dry cleaning services, are designed with your comfort and convenience in mind. Our specially trained crew takes pride in anticipating and fulfilling your every wish. From our waiters and bartenders to our chefs and wine experts, our spa technicians and fitness instructors to our officers and housekeeping staff, everyone is dedicated to providing you with the gracious and personalized service that will make your cruise vacation memorable. On board the ships of Holland America Line you'll discover a cruise experience that is modern, fresh and appealing - in an ambiance that is timeless and refined.
With more than 500 different food items on a typical 7-day cruise, Holland America Maasdam offers the most extensive menus at sea. Enjoy modern Continental cuisine, regional specialties appropriate to each cruising area and traditional favorites. Our chefs are all members of the prestigious Confrerie de la Chaine des Rotisseurs gourmet society.
- Each evening as the dinner hour approaches, the melodious call of the chime master invites guests to the main Dining Room where another incredible experience awaits. Servers greet guests and present menus of sumptuous five-course selections, from appetizers and drinks to entrees and dessert, while a quartet plays soft dinner music. Savor seared sea scallops, filet mignon topped with crab and Hollandaise, and wines rated "excellent" by The Wine Spectator. Fresh herbs and imaginative combinations make lighter fare an equally tempting choice. We gladly offer a kosher menu and can easily meet special dietary needs upon request
- The Lido Restaurant - with its pool and terrace on one side and the ocean all around - is the hallmark of every Holland America ship. In fact, our Lido Restaurant was the first of its kind in the cruise industry, and although many have imitated the concept, there is no match for our extensive menu, such as carved meats, fresh seafood, fruits and vegetables, pastas and salads. And as always, impeccable service provided by our attentive, yet unobtrusive staff, is never far away.
- The Pinnacle Grill* offers a level of elegant sophistication unmatched anywhere on the seven seas. Guests who dine at the intimate, reservations-only Pinnacle Grill will enjoy candlelight and fine decor, creating a romantic ambiance that sets the stage for fresh dishes and select wines. Creative and innovative menus, drawing from regional ingredients of the highest quality, will delight the palate and ignite the senses. Choose your own cut of aged Sterling Silver Beef from the display tray.
There is something for everyone in our onboard casino, so come try your luck - you could walk away a big winner! The casino offers a wide range of slots, from nickels to five-dollar machines, including video poker and the Megacash jackpot, the biggest progressive jackpot on the seven seas linked to over 50 cruise ships worldwide.
Table games include favorites such as Blackjack and Craps as well as the latest games of Fun 21 and Three Card Poker. You can join in the fun of a slot tournament and Blackjack championship to win a huge cash prize!
Our friendly dealers provide complimentary gaming lessons for novices, and credit lines for high rollers can be established prior to cruising. Ocean Players Club Logo Players can join the Ocean Players Club to be eligible to receive complimentary beverages and other benefits.
- The Culinary Arts Center, presented by Food & Wine magazine, is the setting for gourmet cooking demonstrations and interactive classes
- Explorations Cafe, powered by The New York Times, features the largest library at sea, as well as comfortable music listening stations and Internet access
- $2 million collection of art and artifacts
- The Rembrandt Show Lounge features Las Vegas-style productions, talented vocalists, illusionists, comedians and variety acts
- The Crow's Nest, where sweeping views make this observation lounge a top choice for relaxing during the day, and in the evening transforms into a hip, fashionable nightclub features top-notch DJs and great bands
- Club HAL, dedicated youth facilities and activities for kids ages 3 to 12
- The Loft for teens, new areas designed exclusively for teens (ages 13-17) to have fun, socialize and hang out with people their own age
- 249-seat Wajang Theater is used for lectures, meetings and religious services, as well as current films. Enjoy hot fresh popcorn at the movie matinees, free of charge
- Half Moon and Hudson Room seating a total of 150 - adjoin the theater and also may be used for meetings and private parties, as well as scheduled activities
- Atrium: Like a vertical constellation, the columnar glass sculpture in the ms Maasdam's atrium twinkles and sparkles in an intriguing play of light. View it from all sides as you descend the grand spiral staircase.