Named for the Dutch capital, ms Amsterdam is the third ship to bear the name in Holland America Line's over 140-year history. Built at the Fincantieri shipyard in Marghera, Italy, Amsterdam blends the very latest in shipbuilding technology with the artistry, personalized touches and superior service that has made Holland America Line one of the highest-rated cruise lines in the world.
At the heart of the ms Amsterdam is the Planeto Astrolabium, a commissioned signature sculpture soaring in a three-story atrium. The stunning Astrolabe tracks constellations, the planets, world time and ship time. Dutch heritage and tradition is clearly displayed throughout the ship in original Art Deco pieces that once graced the Nieuw Amsterdam of 1938. For a contemporary touch, works of the noted maritime artist Stephen Card adorn public spaces.
Guests on the ms Amsterdam will be able to "show and tell" their vacation memories through the Digital Workshop powered by Windows. Free workshops led by Microsoft-trained "techsperts" will show even the most novice camera or computer user how to take better vacation photos, make movies, edit pictures and create scrapbooks using a variety of Microsoft Windows and Windows Live services. Guests will learn how to share all their digital memories through email, blogging and social networking - so friends and family can see where they've been cruising even before they return home.
For a journey of a lifetime, join the ms Amsterdam and circumnavigate the globe on her Grand World Voyage.
Ship's Registry: The Netherlands
Passengers capacity: 1,380
Crew Members: 615
Gross Tonnage: 62,735 grt
Length: 780 feet
Maximum Speed: 22.5 knots
Dedicated: October 30, 2000, by Mrs. Janet Lanterman
Each New Day, a Wealth of Cruise Activity and Indulgences
Every day aboard a Holland America cruise ship brings a wealth of cruise activities and indulgences, along with the freedom to partake in as many - or as few - as you please. It's an opportunity to try something new that surprises you, every day. Dabble, discover, daydream - do everything, or do nothing at all.
Whether you want to workout in the Fitness Center, learn yoga, pamper yourself with a massage and spa treatment, or listen to music and check your email in the Explorations Cafe, there's a perfect onboard activity for everyone.
In every cruise port, make your cruise vacation even more memorable with our extensive Shore Excursions program of activities. See, explore, discover: arts and cultural activities, athletic expeditions, city tours, shopping and more on our cruises.
Enjoy exquisite dining across a range of venues on Holland America Line cruises
We invite you to dine "As You Wish" To savor Italian cuisine one night and a perfectly grilled porterhouse steak the next. To take your place in the Dining Room at a specific seating time or be spontaneous, following your desires. On board, there are restaurants to suit every mood, along with the flexibility to choose the dining style you prefer.
The Pinnacle Grill
Refined and luxurious, romantic and intimate, the Pinnacle Grill represents the pinnacle of exceptional dining. Make reservations for an intimate meal graced by luxurious appointments such as Bvlgari china, Riedel stemware and Frette linens.
"Spartire" is the Italian word for sharing; our new menu is designed around this authentic Italian experience and offers a variety of dishes to enjoy and share with family and friends.
Aboard the ms Eurodam and ms Nieuw Amsterdam, enjoy the Tamarind for food evoking the rich culinary traditions of Southeast Asian, China and Japan.
The two-tiered Dining Room with its sea views, white linens, sparkling crystal and Rosenthal china, elevates each dining occasion. Whether you choose a pre-set seating and dining time or the freedom each evening to dine "As You Wish".
Lido Restaurant offers relaxed dining featuring a variety of selections. Breakfasts feature pancakes, fresh fruit, omelets and more. Lunch, choices include sushi, pizza, gourmet sandwiches and an extensive salad bar. In the evening, enjoy entrees from both the Lido and the main Dining Room.
Spectacular Shows, Live Music, Diverse Lounges, Movies and Casino Gaming
Evenings on board glitter with choices. Arrive in a lounge to the strains of a lively dance band. Take in a thrilling show on stage. Share a martini flight in Mix; sing along in the Piano Bar. Stay up late into the night.Dancing with the Stars: At Sea
Whether you like to Tango or Quickstep, or enjoy watching sizzling dance performances, you can experience the excitement of ABC's hit show Dancing with the Stars: At Sea on board Holland America Line.
Cruise guests can learn the steps, meet the stars, and join the fun. Six feature theme cruises offer an in depth Dancing with the Stars: At Sea experience with dance lessons from the pros, a question-and-answer session, photo opportunities and a dazzling production with the stars and glamorous costuming from the show.
In addition to the theme cruises, all 15 ships in the Holland America Line fleet will feature exclusive Dancing with the Stars: At Sea dance lessons developed by the show's professionals and lead by the onboard dance team. Select guests from these classes will be invited to dance center stage in the show lounge in an exciting dance-off performance.BB King's Blues Club
Due to the tremendous popularity of the B.B. King's Blues Club on ms Eurodam, Holland America Line is pleased to welcome B.B. King's Blues Club to the ms Westerdam, ms Zuiderdam, ms Noordam, and ms Nieuw Amsterdam. Join these world-class musicians as they create a dynamic energy that will move you to sing and dance along.
On Holland America Line cruises, your every wish is our pleasure to fulfill
Always at the heart of the Holland America cruise experience is our warm and award-winning style of service that is never in the way and never out of reach. We sail with nearly one crew member for every two guests, providing the intuitive, gracious service that has long defined classic cruising. Our extensive onboard services, from special dining requests to full service laundry and dry cleaning services, are designed with your comfort and convenience in mind. Our specially trained crew takes pride in anticipating and fulfilling your every wish. From our waiters and bartenders to our chefs and wine experts, our spa technicians and fitness instructors to our officers and housekeeping staff, everyone is dedicated to providing you with the gracious and personalized service that will make your cruise vacation memorable. On board the ships of Holland America Line you'll discover a cruise experience that is modern, fresh and appealing - in an ambiance that is timeless and refined.
- Digital Workshop, powered by Windows: Guests will be able to "show and tell" their vacation memories, learning how to share all their digital memories through email, blogging and social networking - so friends and family can see where they've been cruising even before they return home. Free workshops taught by Microsoft-trained "techsperts" make it easy and fun, even for novices
- Culinary Arts Center, presented by Food & Wine magazine: our state-of-the-art demonstration kitchen for gourmet presentations, tasting events and intimate cooking classes.
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon: features heavenly beauty and wellness rituals. Enjoy a facial, hot stone massage, steam in a thermal suite and have your hair and nails done for a special evening.
- La Fontaine Dining Room: features impeccable service and an extensive wine list. Five-course menus include continental cuisine, vegetarian and low-carb options.
- Pinnacle Grill: This intimate venue offers an elegant, sophisticated dining experience. Featuring premium Double R Ranch Beef, inspired seafood dishes and many select wines rated "Excellent" by Wine Spectator - as well as distinctive Bvlgari china, Riedel stemware and Frette linens.
- Canaletto Restaurant: Named for a famous 18th-century Venetian artist, Canaletto is your destination onboard for an intimate Italian dinner. The evening begins with the chef's selection of antipasti with a taste of the delicious fare and personal, polished service to follow.
- Lido Restaurant: offers a relaxed ambiance for all three meals and features a variety of fresh, cooked-to-order specialties.
- Explorations Cafe, powered by The New York Times: a comfortable, coffee house environment where you can browse through an extensive library, surf the Internet and check email or simply read the morning paper.
- Queen's Show Lounge: features talented vocalists, dancers, illusionists, comedians and variety acts.
- Crow's Nest: offers sweeping 270 degree views during the day, and a hip, fashionable nightclub each evening.
- Club HAL: our dedicated youth facilities and activities for kids ages 3 to 12; activities are supervised and age appropriate.
- The Loft and The Oasis: designed exclusively for teens (13 - 17) to have fun, socialize and hang out with people their own age.