Built in 2009 and 2011, the award-winning Viking Legend and Viking Prestige host just 188 guests on some of our most popular itineraries. These sleek vessels offer deluxe accommodations, streamlined Scandinavian interiors and sweeping river views, plus hybrid engines.
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Suites are 340 square feet, have separate sleeping & sitting quarters, 2 flat-panel TVs, a walk-in closet, bathtub/shower & 2 French balconies
- All double occupancy staterooms & suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- All Upper & Middle deck staterooms have a French balcony
- Private bathroom with shower & premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- Sony 26 inch flat-panel TV with video on demand plus CNBC, CNN, ESPN, FOX, National Geographic & more
- Telephone, safe, refrigerator, hair dryer & individual climate control
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- Observation lounge & bar with panoramic windows
- Library & onboard boutique
- Free wireless internet
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 115V in stateroom
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines
Viking Prestige Facts
We have high standards for the English-speaking crews on board our ships. We personally recruit all of our staff members, from your stateroom steward and waiters, to hotel managers and Program Directors. Proprietary training programs are implemented by our Swiss management team to ensure we always provide the level of service you would find in a fine hotel. The Viking team brings you a level of expertise other companies cannot match.
For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course menu with regional specialties. You may also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
Hands-on demonstrations, cooking classes, traditional dance performances, and local tastings. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Topics may include the Dutch Masters or French impressionists, castles along the Rhine Valley, the formation of the European Union, the life and works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the wine and cuisine of southern France, and key words and phrases in the local language wherever you are traveling. These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.