Built in 2005 and 2006, these award-winning ships specially designed to sail the Rhine in comfort offer hotel-style staterooms, French balconies, sweeping river views and streamlined interiors.
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Cat A, B, C & D have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- Cat A has a French Balcony
- Cat B & C have a large picture window that opens
- Private bathroom with shower & premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- TV with CNBC, CNN, ESPN, FOX, National Geographic & more
- Telephone, safe, hair dryer & individual climate control
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- Observation lounge & bar with panoramic windows
- Library & onboard boutique
- Free wireless internet
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 115V in stateroom
Viking Sun Facts
Year Built: 2004
Length: 433 ft.
Width: 37.4 ft
Draft: 5.25 ft
Cruising Speed: 14.3 mph
Hands-on demonstrations, cooking classes, traditional dance performances, and local tastings. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Topics may include the Dutch Masters or French impressionists, castles along the Rhine Valley, the formation of the European Union, the life and works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the wine and cuisine of southern France, and key words and phrases in the local language wherever you are traveling. These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course menu with regional specialties. You may also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
We have high standards for the English-speaking crews on board our ships. We personally recruit all of our staff members, from your stateroom steward and waiters, to hotel managers and Program Directors. Proprietary training programs are implemented by our Swiss management team to ensure we always provide the level of service you would find in a fine hotel. The Viking team brings you a level of expertise other companies cannot match.